One thing we never get back in life, time. And it always seems to be something we all want more of. Did you know each of us get 168 hours a week to live this crazy thing called life? We get to decide every day how we are going to make our life count. But did you also know we waste so much of our time each week on things that just aren’t important.
Everyone wastes their time differently. I’ve made a list of different time wasters we might all be familiar with. Some you will agree with, others you might not see as time wasters, but rather a way to decompress from your day. While others are just unavoidable things that take up our precious time.
- TV (in general)
- surfing the web
- scrolling through social media
- sitting in traffic
- waiting for a pot of water to boil
- being placed on hold while trying to talk about an account
What would you add to the list? The list could really go on and on forever if we thought about it long enough. My point is, we all complain there isn’t enough time in the week to get everything done that needs to be done. And that is probably why things start falling by the wayside. One of the first things to suffer would probably be your home. Maybe you still keep it tidy and picked up, but it is lacking in the organized department.
Though I can’t give you more time in your day, I can share with you what I do to keep my house tidy and organized. It’s simple and doesn’t require too much extra time.
To dive deeper into your time, a great resource to read is 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think by Laura Vanderkam. She dives deep into our time and what we do with it.
If you are looking to find more time in your life, some things to consider doing would include:
- Keeping track of what you do every day and how long you spend on each thing.
- Eliminating things that aren’t important or that waste time.
- Be more aware of the ways you spend your day.
- Follow a daily to-do list.
Got 10 minutes?
But, if you’ve got 10 minutes you can get your home back in shape in no time. Are you wondering where you’re going to find those 10 minutes?
- Bring whatever it is that needs organized in front of the TV while you watch at night.
- If you can’t bring it, get up during those commericals and organize during that time.
- If what your organizing is in the kitchen, do it while you are waiting from dinner to be done.
- Give up one time a day of checking social media or surfing the web.
Need more motivation to get your home tidy and organized once again? I have a FREE step-by-step email series that will tell you exactly what you need to do to get started. By this time next week you will already begin to see a difference in your home.
Ready to get started? Sign up now! It’s free!
Want to be clutter free?
You’ll be surprised at how much you can do with just 10 minutes a day. Sign up and start decluttering today with this email series made just for you!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.