Do you have anything in your home that is timeless, that seems it won’t lose its charm no matter how long you own it. Whether new or vintage, it just fits perfectly. I have several pieces that seem to fit that category in our home. I want to share with you one of those pieces today.
Above our bed hangs a simple burlap canvas board with the letter B monogrammed on it. It’s green and simple (can’t get better than the color green and simplicity). It has been above our bed for almost four years now. I don’t remember where I got the idea or if I came up with it myself. But what fasinates me is every person who has ever seen it, loves it.
So, I thought it would be a good idea to share it with you and to give you the steps to make one for your own home or as a gift for someone.
Making it is so simple and only takes a couple hours to complete.
Canvas board 36 x 36
paint color (same as burlap or close to it)
upholstery nails for corners
Directions to make board:
- paint canvas, let dry
- find font you want, size should be 13 x 18.
- I used a projector to trace the letter onto the burlap. There are apps now that also do the same thing as a projector, though I haven’t used any of the apps.
- Once the letter is traced onto the burlap, paint in the letter making sure to put newspaper on something under the burlap since it will run through.
- Once the canvas is dried, staple burlap to canvas onto backside so you can’t see the staples.
- Last step, add the upholstery nails pins into all four corners. You can always come up with your own design, I just wanted simple.
And there you go, your own monogrammed burlap sign. I really don’t think you can get much more simple than that. Is this a project you think you would enjoy doing? Is this something you would like to hang in your house?