I have a big enough kitchen with lots of cabinets and storage space that I shouldn’t struggle with space. But, unfortunately, I do. I have to admit, I don’t utilize my kitchen space properly. However, today is the day I change that. I have been wanting a baking center in my kitchen for some time now and I’m finally ready to make that dream a reality.
I knew I wanted a space that was for baking. From flour to salt. Sugar to chocolate chips. I wanted it all gathered in one central location. And I had the perfect spot. Unfortunately, that spot was taken.
That spot happens to be a huge cabinet that holds cookbooks which rarely get used. Not because I don’t cook, but because we have Pinterest and Google as easy go-to sources. Of course, there will be some that I keep just because they do get used from time to time and they are special. But the others are going to have to find a new home starting now.
Now that all the cookbooks are out and I have this big cabinet to do with it what I want I am ready to create a baking center that can be used by anyone in the family. That way when someone decides they want to make a sweet treat or some fresh bread everything is right there. No more walking around the kitchen looking for different items.
Want to create a baking center
in your own kitchen?
Here are the steps to take before creating your center.
- Start with a plan. First, ask yourself these questions.
- Do I have enough space in my kitchen to create a baking center?
- Where will be the best place for the baking center to go?
- Do I have enough items to justify having a baking center?
- Find the best location for your baking center and clean it out.
- Gather all the items that you will have in your baking center
- Need new containers to hold some of the items you currently have in boxes and bags?
- Make a list of the items that will go in your containers.
- Purchase the containers.
- Fill your containers and label them using your Cricut Explore Air machine.
- Take your newly labeled containers along with all your other baking items and fill up your cabinet.
- Stand back and bask in the beauty of your new baking center.
Did the labels on the containers catch your eye?
Want to learn how I created those labels? It’s easier than you think.
- I hooked up my Cricut Explore Air machine, which takes all of two minutes.
- Then, I logged into my Design Space.
- Once in my Design Space, I chose a font that would look great on the containers.
- And started typing.
- Once I was satisfied with the way all the words looked, I moved the words around to save space and hit the print button.
It truly was as easy as that. I couldn’t be happier with the way my new baking center looks. And I am so excited I got to use my Cricut for this project. The Cricut Explore Air machine is so easy to use and can be used anywhere. I am looking forward to creating some fun designs for my daughters room soon. Then, I might even see how I do creating the Happily Ever Uncluttered logo with my Cricut Explore Air machine.
Which do you like better? With labels or without? I, personally, am in love with the labels.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.