Are you taking your first steps into the organizing your life world? Sometimes, it isn’t a matter of where we know we need to organize since we have read post after post about how to declutter and organize each room in our house. Instead, we struggle with the whole how-to get started part of it.
Maybe you think there is a huge sense of failure that comes along when something doesn’t go the way it was planned or when you don’t get as much accomplished in one day as you had hoped. Remember, organizing is a process and you learn as much about yourself during the process as you do organizing your house. There is no such thing as failing when it comes to organizing.
Once you have read these 10 Tips to Start Organizing, you will be on your way toward feeling more confidant about this whole organizing thing. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day. With that being said, your house and life truly don’t need to be organized in a day either.
While you are in the process of organizing, here are some things to keep in mind.
- Start small
- If what you try doesn’t work, change it. Nothing is set in stone. You are not marrying an organizing system, you are merely dating it. If it works, then it is a match made in heaven. If not, move on with your life. Man, I like that, we are going to have to tweet that one!
- If you need help, ask. Some things just need more than two hands.
- Don’t try to do too much too fast or you will want to quit before you have even gotten to the good part.
- Remember, organizing is a journey.
- Have your ideas ready to go before you begin. It is best to have a plan.
- Take everything out. If you are starting with a drawer, take everything out. If you are doing a closet, take everything out. If you are organizing a room, take out as much as you can.
- If needed, set a timer. This will help keep you from feeling overwhelmed.
- Put things back where they belong right when you are done using them. This is a MUST DO!!!
- Don’t buy new containers until you know what you are keeping. In the process of organizing, you may see things you can purge. So hold off on containers until the end. Then go and pick out some fun containers.
Here’s that tweet I mentioned. Go ahead and retweet it now.If what you try doesn't work, change it. Nothing is set in stone. You are not marrying an organizing system, you are merely dating it. If it works, then it is a match made in heaven. If not, move on with your life.Click To Tweet
This is a great list for all people trying to begin the process of organizing. Starting small is always the best idea. And, once the overwhelming and frustrating feelings begin to subside you will be ready to move on to bigger projects.
Organizing is a journey, it doesn’t end. It isn’t a race or a competition. It is simply a journey through your house. And, along the way, you get to see how you have changed as a person. How things become less important. While having peace, order, and happiness in your home is the cherry on top of happily ever uncluttered life, ready to take the first step?
There you have it, 10 Tips to Start Organizing your home today. Which one is your favorite? Leave a comment below and let me know if you think these tips are going to help you in your organizing journey.